- Quiescent – a quiet, soft-spoken soul.
- Chimerical – merely imaginary; fanciful.
- Susurrus – a whispering or rustling sound.
- Raconteur – one who excels in story-telling.
- Clinquant – glittering; tinsel-like.
- Aubade – a song greeting the dawn.
- Ephemeral – lasting a very short time.
- Sempiternal – everlasting; eternal.
- Euphonious – pleasing; sweet in sound.
- Billet-doux – a love letter.
- Redamancy – act of loving in return.
Just a bit of fun, found this on tumblr thought I would share, since I didn’t know that any of these existed
Here are a few things I’ve learned over the years:
* Farther vs. further. Farther = physical distance. Further = abstract lengths. (“We need to drive farther down the road.” “Let’s discuss this further tonight.”)
* Everyday vs. every day. “I go to the park every day.” “These shoes are great for everyday wear.”
* Literally. Most things aren’t actually literally true. “I was literally dying with laughter.” Probably not.
Also for all the other writers who read this – I found a really cool website http://www.wordhippo.com/ helps find Find opposite or similar words for any word you want to use. – pure awesomeness